Pet Insurance in Kenosha, WI
Your pet’s health needs don’t always fit nicely into your budget, especially in the case of emergency care. Pet insurance is an invaluable investment that protects your budget and ensures your pet gets the care they need when they need it. At Companion Animal Hospital of Kenosha, we highly recommend you enroll your pet in an insurance plan when they are still young—this will save you on costs due to lower premiums and avoiding any lack of coverage for pre-existing conditions! Call (262) 652-4266 to talk to our team about your options.
How Does Pet Insurance Work?
Pet insurance plans are similar to human medicine. You’ll pay a monthly premium, will have a deductible, and will be covered for care your pet receives that falls under your plan’s stipulations. For most plans, this includes unexpected medical needs such as an emergency or the development of a disease. However, some insurance companies do offer wellness and preventive coverage as well. Do your research to find the best plan for you and your pet!
Keep in mind that one big difference in pet insurance vs. human health insurance is that the insurance company will not pay the vet directly. It's up to you to pay the initial hospital payment and then file the claim with your insurance company. Your company will then reimburse you the appropriate amount.
We Accept Most Insurance Plans
There are a wide variety of pet insurance companies and plans out there, and we accept most of them! This flexibility gives you the ability to choose the very best plan that works with your budget and your pet's health needs. Below, we cover some of the benefits of going with two top insurance companies we see a lot of. Check them out and don't be afraid to do more research of your own!
Here’s a closer look at Trupanion and Nationwide:
- Offers one simple plan that covers all unexpected illnesses and injuries
- Plans feature a sliding payment scale, so you can choose your monthly payment based on the deductible, coverage, etc.
- Reimburses at 90% (after the deductible is reached)
- Offers multiple plans covering unexpected illnesses and injuries as well as wellness and preventive care
- If you also have car and/or home insurance with Nationwide, you may be eligible for a multi-line discount
- Different plans reimburse you at a different rate after your deductible is reached